Today, Offworld Industries, in collaboration with Sony Pictures Consumer Products, are thrilled to announce May 17th as the Early Access launch date for their upcoming title, Starship Troopers: Extermination. The launch will mark an opportunity for players to collaborate closely with the Offworld Industries team through the game’s earliest development stages, as their feedback helps guide what features and mechanics to build upon before the game’s eventual transition into 1.0. Community feedback from the frenetic 16-player action—bumped up from the originally-anticipated 12-player gameplay—will be a crucial component of the evolving creative process, as Offworld Industries works to iterate upon player input and add more content throughout the Early Access period.
The Early Access edition of Starship Troopers: Extermination will be available at $24.99 USD upon release—a special introductory price that will increase as more content is introduced ahead of the 1.0 launch. From day one of Early Access, the title will already boast both strategy and combat-oriented gameplay. Players can construct and reinforce bases of operations while not in heavy combat, creating a safe structure to respawn, regroup and rearm themselves in preparation for Bug-exterminating co-op play. These bases are protected from enemy spawns, and base-building isn’t linked to a specific class or rank, so Deep Space Vanguards of every stripe can utilize these structures.
Starship Troopers: Extermination puts players on the far-off front lines in an all-out assault against the Arachnid menace. Squad up as a Trooper in the Deep Space Vanguard, an elite Special Forces group within the Mobile Infantry, and get ready to stomp some Bug! No Trooper will ever stand alone as they line up shoulder-to-shoulder with their fellow Vanguards—trusty Morita Assault Rifles in hand—to battle against hordes of bloodthirsty insectoid aliens on the hostile surface of the planet Valaka.
Work together to complete objectives, acquire resources, build and defend your base of operations, and then escape to the extraction point together. The battle will be intense but, as hardened warriors standing for all of humanity and the United Citizen Federation, leave no inch of ground safe for the Arachnids!
Other Key Features:
- Cooperative Gameplay – 16 players can team up in squads of four to defend their base, complete objectives, gather resources, and try to kill every Bug in sight.
- Three Playable Classes – Choose from Assault, Support, and Defense classes to best suit your playstyle and support the rest of your squad.
- Build Defenses – Construct walls, towers, ammo stations, and more using resources acquired from planetside refineries.
- Class Progression System – Unlock new weapons, equipment, and perks for each class to become an elite warfighter among the Deep Space Vanguard.
- 5 Unique Bug Types – At Early Access launch, encounter Drone, Warrior, Gunner, Plasma Grenadier, and Tiger Elite enemy Bugs during missions.
- Escalating Infestation Levels – Increasing Bug threat levels during missions bring bigger and more dangerous enemies to the fight.
- Large-scale Battles – A massive map with five unique zones, and swarm-based combat with hundreds of enemy Bugs on screen delivers the sense of an overwhelming planetary war.
- Ground War – Retake bases and refineries, destroy hives, and complete a variety of side objectives to wrest control of the map away from the Bug menace.
- Ping System – Communication is key! The ‘Ping’ system gives players a quick and easy way to call out points of interest, objectives, incoming enemies, and more to teammates.
About Offworld Industries
Founded in 2014 by a group of passionate game developers, Offworld Industries is now an acclaimed game studio with more than 100 team members located in their New Westminster headquarters and around the world. Hot off the announcement of the studio’s first IP licensed game Starship Troopers: Extermination, Offworld is committed to the ongoing development of the hit FPS shooter Squad, WW1 trench warfare title Beyond the Wire, and is the publisher of FPS title Post Scriptum.
Having sold well over three million copies of Squad, Offworld looks to the future with a focus on bringing players together in experiences where they must rely on teamwork in order to compete, in both existing and in-development titles.
For more information about Offworld, please visit: https://www.offworldindustries.com/
About Sony Pictures Consumer Products
Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP) is the licensing and merchandising division of Sony Pictures’ Motion Picture Group and Sony Pictures Television for Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition, and distribution; television production, acquisition, and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. Sony Pictures Television operates dozens of wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies around the world. SPE’s Motion Picture Group production organizations include Columbia Pictures, Screen Gems, TriStar Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Stage 6 Films, AFFIRM Films, Sony Pictures International Productions, and Sony Pictures Classics.
For additional information, visit http://www.sonypictures.com/corp/divisions.html
Would you like to know more?